What we are Doing
Rational Faiths is taking a step to help those who cannot help themselves. We have pledged as we did last year to “Adopt a Stake” through the Liahona Children’s Foundation (LCF). What this means is we are committed to raising enough money to provide for the nutritional and educational needs of children in need in the Ta Khmau area of Cambodia. Last year our readers and listeners helped us raise over $9,000, so this year we are hoping to raise $10,000 for the LCF. This will help an entire stake and help fill the gap for other stakes who are in need.
Though LCF uses stakes to facilitate finding children and families in need, no official affiliation with the LDS church is required of those who seek help. LCF covers its own overhead, so 100% of your donation will go directly to help families in need. Here are a few recipients that benefited from last years efforts:
How to help
- The easiest way to donate this year is to go to our IndieGoGo campaign page. That way you can readily donate to the cause and IndieGoGo will funnel all the donations to the RF stake (Ta Khmau.) All donations for the LCF through IndieGoGo are tax-deductible. We also have perks from cool Mormon peeps! In fact, all donors will receive a copy of James Goldberg’s book of poetry called “Let Me Drown With Moses” in electronic format, with a special edition exclusively for RF-LCF donors. Check out our IndieGoGo page for more awesome perks, and see our gift-donor section to find out who is donating gifts! (Please note, you cannot receive any of the gifts/perks unless you donate through IndieGoGo.)
- The volunteers at the LCF will track the donations and send periodic updates of the total donations received. We will update this page to reflect our progress towards our $10,000 goal (see bottom of the post).
There are a few other ways to donate through PayPal or by mailing in a check.
- Click here for the online donation:
- For donations by check, the mailing address is: 274 N 550 E, Lindon UT, 84042
The Liahona Children’s Foundation is a federally-recognized 501 (c)3 non-profit organization, so make sure to let your place of employment aware of your donation if they match charitable donations (the LCF Employer Idenification Number, EIN, is 95-3576538).
Things to double check before sending:
- To ensure that the funds are directed to Ta Khmau (the RF LCF Stake), you need to either write “Ta Khmau” on the check, or type “Ta Khmau” in the message section (the blue text that says “add special instructions to the seller”, see image above) when making an online donation.
- For those who contribute via a recurring donation there is not a space to earmark your donation to the “Ta Khmau” stake. To make sure your contribution is counted in the RF cause please email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will ensure that your donation is directed to the Ta Khmau account.
Why Join With Us?
We have often felt like we needed to help someone else due to our own abundance but did not know where to start. We let that feeling subside and continued to ignore it until it came up again. Now we have a way to help and you do too. Don’t let that generous part of your heart sit back. Don’t let that feeling subside. Click on the donate link and help someone you have never met. Help an infant stay alive. Help a child go to school. Return the blessings you have received to another. Join with us.
Today is December 9th and as I checked the Indiegogo page this morning I saw $5,260 dollars donate! We are halfway there folks!!! Keep making the thermometer go up!
For a more detailed understanding of the genesis of the LCF and how it delivers the nourishment to the children, please listen to our podcast with LCF’s cofounder Robert Rees below or click here.
Below are a list of those who have donated gifts to our campaign. For more information, head to our IndieGoGo page.
- James Goldberg-Author
- Melissa Leilani Larson-Screenwriter/Playwright
- Valerie Hudson-Scholar and author
- Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife-Licensed sex therapist
- J. Kirk Richards-Painter
- Rebecca Sorge-Artist/Illustrator
- Daniel Borup-Sculptor
- Maclain Nelson-Actor/writer/producer/director
- Sarah Morgann-Singer
- Studio C-Sketch Comedy Troupe
- SALT Contemporary Dance–Contemporary Dance Troupe
- JAMstudios-Fitness Studio
- XT Outfitters-Specialty Outdoor Shop