- Are all white people racist?
- What is the difference between institutional/systemic racism and personal racism?
- What are some ways we can work through our own racism?
- What are some children book recommendations regarding Black people?
- What are some book recommendations for adults to read regarding racism?
- What are some good movies to watch regarding the lives of black people?
All these questions and more are discussed on this episode of Racism 101 with Dr. Darron Smith.
Links to movies, books, documentaries and events discussed in this podcast
Movies Discussed on Podcast:
Oscar Documentary (feature) Nominee, I’m Not Your Negro:
Oscar Nominee for Best Picture, Moonlight:
Dear White People:
Children’s Books Discussed on the Podcast:
- Serafina’s Promise
- Dear America: With the Might of Angels
- Ruth and the Green Book
- I Hadn’t Meant to Tell You This
- Minty: A Story of Young Harriet Tubman (Picture Puffin)
- I Thought My Soul Would Rise and Fly: The Diary of Patsy, a Freed Girl, Mars Bluff, South Carolina 1865 (Dear America Series)
- Zora and Me
Books For Adults Discussed on the Podcast:
- Religion of a Different Color: Race and the Mormon Struggle for Whiteness
- When Race, Religion, and Sport Collide: Black Athletes at BYU and Beyond (Perspectives on a Multiracial America)
- White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America
- Some of My Best Friends Are Black: The Strange Story of Integration in America
- This Bridge Called My Back, Fourth Edition: Writings by Radical Women of Color
- Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza
- Reflections on the Revolution In Europe: Immigration, Islam, and the West
Dr. Darron Smith’s Book Signing
The King’s English Book Shop
1511 S. 1500 E., Salt Lake City, Utah
Wednesday February 22, 2017
Dr. Darron Smith’s Appearance on CBS Sports Documentary, February 11: