Lehi continues with his prophetic blessings which include his blessing to Joseph. It is within Joseph’s blessing that we get some of the unique contributions of the Book of Mormon: prophecy of the coming forth Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith Jr.. Lehi’s death is recorded. We get the division between the...read more
Following the mode of the Old Testament Patriarchs, Lehi gives blessings and final words of counsel to his posterity. Using the idea of gaps and blanks, lets see if we can learn something from what we are not told. Again the following is taken from my reading of Grant Hardy’s Undersanding the Book of Mormon, a...read more
Subscribe to our blog!
- No offense, but…
- Big Announcement SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
- Our Own Tent: Girls’ Camp, Losing my Pants, and Finding my Truth
- Our Eternal Parents – A belief statement in the vein of The Living Christ
- The Inclusivity of Mormon Weddings: A Prayer for Change
- Disability and Human Potential
- 25 Things You’re Doing Wrong
Quote of the Month
"...God created us with weakness. God doesn't make mistakes, but He made us with mistakes. God created us as flawed individuals and so if that is the way he created us, that is not part of the problem. It is no sin to be flawed, that's part of God's way of beckoning us to have a relationship with him so that He can manifest his power and transform us and know that he loves us in our weakness. He created us that way"
(Dan McDonald A Thoughtful Faith podcast, episode 41, 15:50).
- Michael Barker on Our Eternal Parents – A belief statement in the vein of The Living Christ
- Tana on Big Announcement SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
- Paul Barker on The Inclusivity of Mormon Weddings: A Prayer for Change
- Tyrannosaurus Regina on No offense, but…
- Michael Barker on Our Own Tent: Girls’ Camp, Losing my Pants, and Finding my Truth
- Book Reviews
- TV Reviews
- Natural Theology
- Mormon Humor
- Heavenly Mother
- Mother in Heaven
- Mental Health
- Faith Crisis
- Pearl of Great Price
- Sunday School
- New Testament
- Book of Mormon
- Old Testament
- Why I Am Mormon – Personal Essays
- Doctrine and Covenants
- Standard Works
- Gospel Topics