THE ARGUMENT FOR GOD BEING THE BASIS FOR OBJECTIVE MORAL VALUES AND DUTIES: PART I Click here to read Part II As I have listened to multiple exit stories from people who have left the LDS church, one of the things I have noticed is that when their LDS beliefs leave, usually their belief in Jesus and God do as well. I have wondered...read more
The Barker Brothers’ Projects
Rational Faiths is taking a step to help those who cannot help themselves. We have pledged to “Adopt a Stake” through the Liahona Children’s Foundation. Join with us!
"...we are asking our Church leaders to inquire of the Lord if the one year wait on the temple sealing can be changed..."
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.
We’re putting our stories and the stories of those who have chosen to share out there. We hope you come away with a better understanding of what those who are injured or sick during their missions go through.
These videos were created for Latter-day Saint parents and allies to voice their love for their LGBT brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. They want to give a message of comfort and support to other parents who are navigating the difficult conflicts that can arise in families around this issue.
- Tithing Donations Should Be Confidential
- 58: Confirmation Bias: You Tend to Learn What You Already Know
- Being Barren on Mother’s Day
- All Are Alike Unto God
- Moses, The Sound of Music, and Storm Troopers
- I’m Pickin’ Up Good Vibrations.
- The Restoration of God’s Authority, a portion of a talk given on Sunday, February 20, 2033
- The Problem with the Layman Confessor
- The Barkers Go to the Local Catholic Church
- Book of Mormon Lesson 8: 2 Nephi 6-10
- Brother Jake and Religious Freedom
- “The Spirit That I Have Seen May Be The Devil”–Nephi’s Slaying of Laban
- The Temple Recommend: Admission to the House of the Lord
- The King James Bible in the Book of Moses, Part 2
Quote of the Month
"For centuries, well-meaning people have buried some of the most important insights in the scriptures by trying to subsume all truth into a category called "historical fact." I will continue to insist that there is absolutely no reason for us to do this. Calling something a "poem" or a "story" does not diminish it, nor does saying that something did not happen imply that it is not true" (Dr. Michael Austin, Re-reading Job: Understanding the Ancient World's Greatest Poem, 147).