WHAT LATTER-DAY SAINT CHRISTIANS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT Note: Although I use academic studies throughout this post, I have moved all of the bibliography to the end of the document in order to facilitate a more convenient reading for those not interested in the notes. If you are interested in seeing where I am getting...read more
The Barker Brothers’ Projects
Rational Faiths is taking a step to help those who cannot help themselves. We have pledged to “Adopt a Stake” through the Liahona Children’s Foundation. Join with us!
"...we are asking our Church leaders to inquire of the Lord if the one year wait on the temple sealing can be changed..."
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.
We’re putting our stories and the stories of those who have chosen to share out there. We hope you come away with a better understanding of what those who are injured or sick during their missions go through.
These videos were created for Latter-day Saint parents and allies to voice their love for their LGBT brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. They want to give a message of comfort and support to other parents who are navigating the difficult conflicts that can arise in families around this issue.
- Curiosity Killed the Cat. (But it Saved me in Sunday School)
- For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism 1830-2013
- 71: The Illusion of Asymmetric Insight
- To those in a faith crisis and their loved ones
- If garments don’t feel oppressive, are they?
- Living on Flipped Mormon Standard Time
- What He Wants.
- The Challenge of Honesty: Essays for Latter-Day Saints – A Book Review
- Let It Go
- A Brief History of the Bible, Part III: New Testament Timeline
- The Top 27 of the Best of the Worst Comments Regarding Pantsapalooza
- Relief Society classes, wealth, racism, & classism
- Letter to my Leaders: Kate Kelly, John Dehlin, and Me
- Faith Crisis via Elder Andersen
Quote of the Month
"Without man's love, God does not exist as God, only as creator, and love is the one thing no one, not even God Himself, can command. It is a free gift, or it is nothing...Satan, who is the denial of life...cannot be overcome by God who is his opposite, who is the kingdom of life, except by man's persistence in the love of God"(Archibald MacLeish, J.B., 139).