Heavenly Mother Sings
Heavenly Mother Sings < read by Melody
hymns hidden in the heart
melodies we hum
wind in the garden–
music made of grape vines
ballad of comfort in sea-swell for
sailors thrown to knees
requiem on mountain top for
climbers grown cold–
She pulls our heartstrings
tunes them to Hers and to
Her son who sings with us–
Song of Redeeming Love.
Share This Post! Because Sharing Really is Caring!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Melody earns a living as a registered nurse, grows a respectable garden, and writes when she's not building sheet forts with her grandkids. Her poetry has appeared in on-line journals, Segullah, Irreantum and small press along the Wasatch Front.
All posts by Melody Newey
The Barker Brothers’ Projects
Rational Faiths is taking a step to help those who cannot help themselves. We have pledged to “Adopt a Stake” through the Liahona Children’s Foundation. Join with us!
"...we are asking our Church leaders to inquire of the Lord if the one year wait on the temple sealing can be changed..."
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.
We’re putting our stories and the stories of those who have chosen to share out there. We hope you come away with a better understanding of what those who are injured or sick during their missions go through.
These videos were created for Latter-day Saint parents and allies to voice their love for their LGBT brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. They want to give a message of comfort and support to other parents who are navigating the difficult conflicts that can arise in families around this issue.
- LDS Christianity and our Common Christian Tradition
- A Bloggernacle of Grace
- A Midwife’s Tale: A Mother-Daughter Review of Faith and Feminism
- The Nephite Ministry of Jesus Christ—Part 3
- Thou Shalt Not Photoshop – The Collection
- BOOK OF MORMON LESSON 31: ALMA 43-52
- The Hero’s Journey of the Gay and Lesbian Mormon, by Carol Lynn Pearson: A Book Review
Quote of the Month
"Without man's love, God does not exist as God, only as creator, and love is the one thing no one, not even God Himself, can command. It is a free gift, or it is nothing...Satan, who is the denial of life...cannot be overcome by God who is his opposite, who is the kingdom of life, except by man's persistence in the love of God"(Archibald MacLeish, J.B., 139).