Mormon Modesty – Cathy enters the bloggernacle
I came home today with my wife telling me she posted a comment on one of the best Mormon blogs – By Common Consent. She is “Medford Mom”, posts # 129 and 145.
Read it and weep.
Michael was born and raised in Northern California. He received his education from Ricks College, Portland State University, and Oregon Health and Sciences University. He presently lives in Southern Oregon with his wife and two daughters working as a Physician Assistant in Orthopedic Surgery. He served his LDS Mission in Dallas Texas, Spanish Speaking. He is presently the Young Mens President in his ward.
All posts by Michael Barker
Subscribe to our blog!
- Big Announcement SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
- Our Own Tent: Girls’ Camp, Losing my Pants, and Finding my Truth
- Our Eternal Parents – A belief statement in the vein of The Living Christ
- The Inclusivity of Mormon Weddings: A Prayer for Change
- Disability and Human Potential
- 25 Things You’re Doing Wrong
- Letter from a Doubter to a Believer
- Teaching the Apostasy and Restoration to 14 & 15 Year Olds: A Lesson in Keeping it Simple Stupid
- Two Plans: You, Me, and the Law of Consecration
- Doctrine and Covenants Sections 2, 3, 10, 4, & 5: A Historical Overview
- Book of Mormon Lesson 39: 3 Nephi 16-19
- Joseph Smith’s Use of Seer-Stones in the Revealing of the Book of Mormon
- Book of Mormon Lesson 47: Moroni 1-6
- The Temple as a Ritual Apex
Quote of the Month
"...God created us with weakness. God doesn't make mistakes, but He made us with mistakes. God created us as flawed individuals and so if that is the way he created us, that is not part of the problem. It is no sin to be flawed, that's part of God's way of beckoning us to have a relationship with him so that He can manifest his power and transform us and know that he loves us in our weakness. He created us that way"
(Dan McDonald A Thoughtful Faith podcast, episode 41, 15:50).
- Book Reviews
- TV Reviews
- Natural Theology
- Mormon Humor
- Heavenly Mother
- Mother in Heaven
- Mental Health
- Faith Crisis
- Pearl of Great Price
- Sunday School
- New Testament
- Book of Mormon
- Old Testament
- Why I Am Mormon – Personal Essays
- Doctrine and Covenants
- Standard Works
- Gospel Topics